Welcome to Londinium!
Take my Roman London Tour, step back in history and discover the turbulent era in which the city we know today came into being.
If you know where to look there is a wealth of fantastic Roman sites scattered around London.
During this three hour walking tour you’ll discover how the earliest Londoners lived on this remote outpost of the mighty Roman Empire.
Hear tales of twisted Emperors and rebellious warrior queens and get up close to the city’s surviving Roman fragments, including the mysterious Temple of Mithras and the hidden remains of Londinium’s very own gladiatorial arena.
What you’ll see on the Roman London Tour
My Roman London Tour will give you a close up view of the best surviving remnants of Londinium, including:
- The eerie and beautifully preserved Temple of Mithras
- Londinium’s ampitheatre; a bloody arena which lay undiscovered until the late 1980s
- An original part of the Roman London Quay
- The remains of London’s north-western fort
- Original lengths of the Roman defensive wall which encircled the early city
- Other discoveries including statues, pottery and other artefacts related to Roman life in London
What you need to know
- Tour length: Approximately 3 hours of walking, plus optional refreshment break
- Days available: Tuesdays to Sundays
- Start time: 11am
- Price: £200 per tour (one to six people)
- Payment: Payment is taken at the end of the tour. Cash, Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Apple, Samsung and Google pay all accepted.
- Starts and ends at: Borough High Street
- You may wish to bring comfortable shoes, a small bottle of water and an umbrella or light rain jacket
- How to book: use the calendar below to select your tour date
- Alternatively, you can email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org